Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Southern Summer

After a lot of procrastination, I have finally decided to embrace our blog. I can't say that I have been too busy to keep it up, unless you count watching full seasons of shows on Netflix busy!

We have been living in lovely Knoxville, Tennessee for the summer months this year. Josh has been doing an internship with Scripps Networks Interactive (Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, etc.) and absolutely loving it. I have been... going to the pool almost daily. Needless to say it has been a relaxing summer. 

It's been a blast living in a different part of the country. We have visited Nashville where we both started successful country music careers, hiked around the Smokies where we fell in love with the majesty of the mountains, and went white water rafting where I wasn't sure how that feeble white helmet would save me if I fell out. 

My observations from my time here:

- It is suspiciously and wonderfully green here
- People are generally quite friendly
- It's hard to get anywhere by walking
- Southern accents aren't nearly as charming as I had originally thought
- 4th of July in Knoxville is wonderful (see below)





No comments: